Sunday, January 14, 2007

This explains a lot


Well, I have to say that I knew it from the day he was born. Jace has always exceeded our expectations and amazed us. I knew he was "different" but I just didn't know why. He held his head up and looked around the day he was born, he crawled early, he was walking by 7 1/2 months, he was talking very well at a year old, he knew the sound for every animal God ever made. Yet, he challenged Rick and I to the limit every day. He has always amazed us with his imagination and creativity. I knew it was something special, but it seems to give validation when it is verified. We recently received news that Jace has been selected as a Gifted and Talented student. This means he is in the top 5% of all the Kindergarten students in MISD.
I have to say I'm not usually one to brag and brag about my kids, but this was something that I felt was important. That doesn't mean I don't think they are great, I do! My kids are fun, witty, have personalities that never end, and are handsome and beautiful. I know that, but I guess I just don't go on and on about it. Ya know the one thing that makes this even sweeter is that Jace has no idea what all this means. To him it just means that he gets to go to a special class where all he gets to do is research service dogs and find out all the information possible on them. Like I said he is "different". Jace loves non-fiction and thrives on learning new information on things (that he is interested in). Rick and I are extremly proud of Jace and just wanted to share our news with everyone else.

No comments: